Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K 2018
The Reggae Marathon & Half Marathon is Jamaica’s premier International Marathon Event. Marathoners, sports enthusiasts as well as beginners, converge in Negril, Jamaica’s capital of casual, for a fun event characterized by good vibes and lots of Reggae music. Enthusiastic supporters come out along the looped, internationally certified course to support participants. Meanwhile, hard working volunteers offer uniquely packaged water and re-hydration fluids at every mile. The pulsating Reggae music on course also keeps participants in an “irie” spirit, as they burn the mileage. Other related Marathon events, like the internationally rated gourmet Pasta Party and Registration & Expo, have participants and supporters alike, humming with activity. The Finish Line Beach Bash affords everyone an opportunity to relax on the beach with special offerings and entertainment geared towards having the best time. All in all, the Reggae Marathon Event is uniquely Jamaican with an international appeal. Mission What started as a loose collection of runners at Kingston’s local reservoir, Mona Dam, affectionately called “The Dam”, became a club – the Jamdammers – in June 1995. Over the past years, the Club has grown both in size (over 100 members) and stature by re-writing the book on road racing in Jamaica.The annual Reggae Marathon Grand Prix Series presented by the Jamdammers and our premier event – the Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K – have become staples of local and international road race calendars. Despite these lofty achievements, however, one thing remains constant – the Club’s mandate and mission to promote a healthy lifestyle through distance running and to put Negril and Jamaica on the map as a world class marathon destination. In keeping with the Jamdammers’ overall mandate, the presentation of the Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K has blossomed into an international event, included in the world’s ten best marathon events.
Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K Video on YouTube.com
Long Bay Beach Park
Norman Manley Boulevard
Long Bay Beach Park, Norman Manley Boulevard, Negril, Westmoreland, Jamaica W.I.
Fax: (876) 922-0155
- Through the kind gesture of Mrs. Rita Marley, the Reggae Marathon commissioned Basil Watson, noted Jamaican sculptor, to create the “Bob Marley Trophy” for the first male finisher and the “Rita Marley Trophy” for the first female finisher of the marathon event. Treasured art pieces in their own right, these trophies reflect the spirit and vibe of the Reggae Marathon.
- All finishers of the Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K receive a commemorative medal.
- Participation certificates will be awarded to all finishers, which will be available for downloading and printing after the event.
- Prize money for the Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K total over J$1 million. The awards payment will be disbursed in January 2018.
- There will be a special prize category for the High School Boys & Girls Championships in the 10K, as well as for the Team Championships in the Half Marathon & 10K.
- The Barclay Ewart Trophy, named in honour of our late Chairman, will be awarded to the first combined (male & female) hotel team in the 10K event.
Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10 k in Negril
I have attended the Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10k as a press photographer since the very beginning. I have seen the number of participants grow significantly each year. The Friday night Pasta Party is well know as the Best Worldwide.